I am about to go to sleep. I just came off of watching about 1/2 hour of TV that really frustrated me and got me thinking. As one of those girls who is genuinely happy with themselves (minus a few small details), I rarely allow myself to sink into any sort of self-pity or self-loathing. However after this TV session I can't help but feel incredibly annoyed. I flipped between a news special on escort services and a show about Playboy models (ok I probably should have steered clear of both of these, but hush). I felt like I was just completely bombarded with negative thoughts and images about myself as I watched.
I will never look like those girls.
I hate it that when I date someone, these are the girls they will find attractive, and not girls like me. I hate it that these are the standards of beauty in our society. I hate that I have to convince myself that someone will love me despite my looks.
Please God let there be good men out there still.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are beautiful. They suck. End of story. MWAH
Post a Comment