Wednesday, October 01, 2008

It's Been Raining A Lot

You know, sometimes it is really easy to get upset about the way things in life aren't working out the way I planned. But in the midst of that, what I find myself most thankful for, other than my amazing family, are my friendships. I have been blessed beyond measure with friends who love me, support me, and accept me.

I talked to Hannah for 2 hours on the phone on Sunday. I can't believe we've been best friends for FOUR years already, and I still never run out of things to talk about with her. She has been my rock throughout college and I really believe that our friendship will last for our entire lives. I wish I could fly to Seattle tomorrow and just be there with her. I want to keep up with the things that are going on in her life and sometimes I'm a little jealous that other friends will have a better insight into the situation because they are present with her. I don't really worry about it though, because we have been through harder times apart, like when we lived on different continents for a year!

Caitlin came to visit this weekend and we had so much fun. Besides seeing a movie that was a litttttttttle too violent for my taste (which is basically any violence at all). It is so great to be able to pick back up and continue our friendship right where we left off a couple of months ago.

I have really been missing Tamarind lately. I miss her craziness and how she always appreciated my sarcasm more than anybody else. She always brings a light to my life that I really miss when she isn't around. I also miss being able to joke about white people with her, she always loved a good white person joke.

I'm so thankful that I have girlfriends around here like Sarah, Kori, and DJ. It's awesome to hang out with them and have fun girl nights like we had last night. And I absolutely love living with Erin. I really believe that God orchestrated everything to work out for the best for us. We have been able to be there for each other and support one another and I'm really thankful. It's funny that I wouldn't have met any of these girls if I hadn't become friends with Chad. I guess he's the lonely only boy that made it to this list. I miss making fun of each other and cooking for someone who always appreciated it. I am always thinking he's in China already, not a couple of miles away. I hope he's having an amazing time!

Well. I'm not sure what else to say. I'm now applying for retail jobs. I applied at Williams-Sonoma, which, come on -- I would be so perfect for! How dangerous would I be working at a cooking store... I'd probably spend my whole paycheck on expensive gadgets and a KitchenAid mixer and silicon baking sheets.
PRAY THAT I GET A JOB SOOOOOOOON!!!!

No comments: